Today we’re taking a look at Krista and Daniel’s recent Brisbane wedding, with a Q&A from Krista below. With a ceremony at the beautiful Latrobe Chapel in Paddington and reception at Cutty Sark, Krista chose a bouquet featuring cream and white toned florals, including garden roses, standard and spray roses, along with lisianthus and disbud chrysanthemums. Succulents, berry foliage and gum were added to compliment the blooms, while the bridesmaids’ bouquets featured orange and pink toned florals as a contrast. The flower girls carried babies’ breath posies, and wore babies’ breath flower crowns. Reception flowers, as in the bridesmaids’ bouquets, were in bright tones.
1. Wedding dress designer? – Wendy Makin Bridal
2. Suit designer? – Roger David
3. Hair and Makeup – Amber and Sarah
5. What inspired you for the theme of your wedding? – That was a question I constantly got asked throughout the planning and to be honest, we didn’t really have a theme (eek!). We just wanted a relaxed, but elegant wedding and and so generally I was just picking things that I liked and praying that it would all come together on the day (which thankfully it did!!)
6. What is your favourite flower? – I don’t really have a favourite….
7. Who was your photographer? – Family friend
8. Highlight of your wedding day? – Dan’s face when I walked down the aisle (awwww!!) and my parents reactions throughout the day.
9. Favourite part about the florals we designed for you? – Where do I start…..I must have been the most difficult client with no theme and no real idea of what I was after, just a list of things I knew I didn’t want (haha!). I absolutely loved everything you came up with – without me being able to describe it you picked and arranged flowers that were so me and completely gelled with everything else I had picked for the day. My favourite part was probably the colours chosen and the way you incorporated succulents. Absolutely stunning!