Elyse & Chris’ Mt Coot-tha Wedding
This week on the blog we take a look at Elyse and Chris’ recent Mount Coot-tha wedding. We created a relaxed and textured bouquet for the day featuring white garden roses, tulips, spray roses and lisianthus, with seasonal white and grey-green foliage. The attendant’s bouquets followed the theme, as did the men’s buttonholes and the ladies’ pin-on dress corsages. Our congratulations to Elyse and Chris, and thank you for the Q&A. The images below are courtesy of Naomi V Photography.
1. Wedding dress designer? Madison James
2. Suit designer? Reuben F Scarf
3. Hair and Makeup? Rachelle Barrett Hair and Makeup
4. Celebrant? Nigel the Celebrant
5. Venue? The Summit at Mt Coot-tha
6. What inspired you for the theme of your wedding? I’ve always loved the classic, understated look of a white wedding complemented by simple greenery. To make it feel more ‘us’, we went with white roses and native foliage for a relaxed, authentic version of that classic look.
7. What is your favourite flower? Daisies. They didn’t work for the look I wanted, so I found a dress that had them embroidered into the bodice.
8. Who was your photographer? Naomi V Photography
9. Highlight of your wedding day? Celebrating with friends and family, and the surprise slideshow Chris had prepared for the reception.
10. Favourite part about the florals we designed for you? I loved the relaxed shape of the bouquets. They smelled amazing too!