To maximise the life of your flowers, there are a few simple steps to follow:
Fill a clean vase with clean, room temperature water.
- Remove all gift wrapping. You can keep the tie on the stems to keep them in shape or remove if you desire.
- Snip your flowers on a 45 degree angle to ensure more surface area for water to flow up the stems.
- Change the water and snip stems every couple of days.
- Keep in cool area, away from direct sunlight and drafts.
- ENJOY 🙂
Arrangements, baskets and pots in foam
- Keep the flowers in the container in the foam. Do not move the flowers in and out or take out to put in a vase.
- Top up daily with up to a quarter of a cup of water. Large pieces of foam take up a lot more water. Touching the foam with give you an idea how wet it is.
- Don’t over fill the container with water.
- Top up the flowers in the centre of the design, so the design remains watertight.
- Keep these designs on countertops or use a waterproof placemat underneath on special surfaces.